Thursday, May 3, 2012

Confession # 23: Flowers come in cans

Follow Me on Pinterest
I have bags and bags of tin cans and I finally decided that I needed to do something with them. So here is what I came up with:

Tin Can Flower Container



What you will need:
-6 tin cans (cleaned and labels removed)
-A six pack of flowers
-Potting soil
-A cup or so of small rocks (I just looked around my yard for them)
-2-3 pages of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper



Step 1: Cut a piece of paper to fit over the can.

Step 2: Glue the paper around the can. I used a glue done and it's been four days and the paper is still staying.


Step 3: Mod Podge if you so feel. I didn't :)

Step 4: Toss some rocks at the bottom on the can, drop in a couple scoops of dirt, place flower  in the can, fill dirt around plant.

Step 5: Enjoy!

Note: This plant will not last forever in this pot. The can will start to rust after a while. But it will be really cute for a couple of weeks. Make sure you place something under it so when it does rust, it wont stain whatever is underneath it.
Happy Barefoot crafting!

1 comment: